Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Guan, a high school senior, I’m tutoring. She’s planning to go to North America to college she’s such a fine young lady, enthusiastic, smart and polite. It’s so encouraging to be around a young person who’s on the right track and brought up well. She appreciates books and ideas as well as numbers, her main love.
- The warm days. Yesterday it was in the 80s.
- The magnolia trees. Their flowers decorated our landscape all last week.
- Jane Austen’s Persuasion. I just finished it and soon will write about it. It’s not her best work, but gosh, it’s good.
- The strength from God and wisdom from scripture and Christian writers to deal with the small conflicts that come my way. I think I’m getting better at it. Not sure.