Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- The lovely mass I attended at Northwestern University. What a great community! The priest’s words were so thoughtful.
- Pope Francis’ book The Joy of the Gospel, which I just finished reading. There’s something for everyone. So inspiring and practical.
- My friend Kasia. I’ve known her since high school and we rarely can get together. We had a nice, long lunch this week.
- My friend Kevin. I worked with him years ago and we’ve stayed friends. We have different political views but can discuss issues civilly. Also, he finds all these interesting places to visit and books to read. I always come home enriched with a long list of things to do.
- For this long vacation, which has given me time to visit my aunt while she’s in rehab about 6 days a week. I know it can get boring in these places.
- One more – for the film Forbidden Games. It’s set in WWII and shows how children coped with the war. The child actors were so natural. A simple and stunning film.