Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!” Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- For the help provided by the North Shore Senior Center. My aunt’s new rehab center wants her to be moved on Sunday. It’s a shock as she’s still weak and needs physical therapy. She doesn’t have much money. I called this office and their insurance counselor gave me good information, i.e. that Medicare gives such patients at least 21 days of rehab. I’m so happy that our community has this resource. See if your community does. Our suburb’s small so this is a center that serves a few communities that have banded together.
- For Jane Austen’s Emma. It’s the book I’m reading for my book club in February. I love her writing.
- That people come together and help each other when it snows.
- For the vacation time I have to write and for the inspiration that ultimately comes from God.
- For an opportunity to reconnect with Japan through volunteering to interview candidates for the JET Program. I love getting to help and to reconnect with this wonderful program.