Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- For Lent! Sounds crazy but having an extended period when I focus on God more, with my fellow Christians, is so welcome. Yes, it can be hard (I’m light headed now as I haven’t eaten since lunch), but it can be transformational.
- For the caregivers and nurses at my aunt’s rehab center. They seem quite good.
- For the Chicago History Museum Library. I went there to work on a writing project and it’s amazing to read newspapers and fashion magazines from the 1800s. The staff is so helpful. It’s also intriguing to work side by side with other history buffs and historians. I don’t know what they’re looking up, but it doesn’t matter.
- Tomato soup. It’s a great comfort food and since I don’t like fish a good Lenten dish.
- My yoga class. It’s free at our library on Fridays and the teacher’s great. You have to get there early as it gets packed. I got the second to last spot because a freight train detained me. It’s a nice community.