Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- For a chance to spend time with my youngest sister who’s visiting for work.
- For my writing to be selected for an opportunity to make an oral proposal to a producer. It’s always a long shot to get a job writing for TV so I welcome prayers.
- For a chance to have lunch with all four of my former colleagues last week. We worked together n the ’90s and have still kept in touch.
- For another chance to see my friend Luzanne, whom I haven’t seen in 15 years. I’m delighted to say we still had plenty to talk about.
- For young priests like Fr. Joshua Johnson (see post below) whose faith and spirit I hope will show young people how relevant and true the Christian faith is. It seems that while his communication style is contemporary, his theology is tested by time.