Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- My sister, nephew and niece have been visiting here a good long time. They have to leave so they can start school, but they’ve been here two weeks.
- I got to visit my friend Adrienne in her home in Sonoma county and got to see God’s grand redwoods. Amazing.
- All 8 of the Jesuit volunteers I lived and worked with in San Antonio reunited for Melissa’s wedding. It was the first time in 12 years we were all together. (I was sad to learn that Melissa’s left the Church to join the Unitarians at a church that offers pagan worship. Praying that that changes. She as it’s a faith her new husband likes. I wish she could have resisted that compromise.)
- For all the great summer produce: fresh corn, grapes, raspberries, peaches, etc. Such bounty!
- For Poldark. I loved the drama on PBS and am now reading the first novel in the series.