Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- That my aunt, whom I think was discharged too soon from the hospital, is out of the wretched rehab center with the slow-moving caregivers.
- That the doctor finally did something for my aunt’s back pain.
- For beef stew, a lovely winter comfort food.
- For Downton Abbey, which lets me escape into the world of elegant fashion and civility.
- For a major television actor-producer agreeing to read the script I’m working on.
Also, I welcome prayers for my aunt, she’s very frail at 82 years old. More of a concern is she has no faith, no religion.