Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- The gathering of friends this evening to celebrate Thanksgiving in China.
- My students who’re pleasant to teach.
- That my mother’s recovering from back surgery pretty well and that her care has improved.
- Good health for family and friends.
- The discovery of old films (The Kid, City Lights, and so many more) and books (by Ernest Poole, Zola, Horatio Alger, etc.) that are high quality and don’t require that I compromise my beliefs (as too many modern works seem to).