Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- The “chat and chew” dinner I just attended. Alexis, 15,who’s here with her mom, cooked a lot of scrumptious food: soup, chicken, rice, salad, and lots more. It was fun to chat with everyone in a homey environment.
- The gorgeous fall weather. Yes, fall with its slightly lower temperatures and leaves that are beginning to turn is gorgeous.
- A week of vacation. We had a week off for National Day. My travel plans fell apart, but it was fun to rest.
- That Hong Kong’s patriots are still alive. God bless them as they seek to choose their own candidates as promised in 1997.
- The goodies we had at high tea on Saturday. Yum!
P.S. I’m asking for prayers for my mother who will have back surgery this afternoon.