Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Mary Poppins, which I just finished reading. The book is delightful and quite different from the movie or even the version the Mrs. Travers character in Saving Mr. Banks speaks of.
- Warmer temperatures. After some cold rainy days, we’ve gotten back to typical September weather with temperatures in the 70s.
- A fun birthday. Last week I celebrated with friends by going for duck and then having tea and cake back here. Facebook featured so many kind messages reminding me how blessed I am with friends.
- Madam Secretary, the new show by Barbara Hall. I saw the pilot and know Ms. Hall as a teacher in Act One’s Writers’ program. I like that the husband is a theology professor at Georgetown. Hall created Joan of Arcadia and I hope faith and religion are themes in the show. It’s a promising drama.
- That my classes seem to enjoy reading and discussing Romeo and Juliet. I like to share something beyond the bland textbook.