Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- New friends who’re willing to explore the city. Saturday I took two Australian teachers to the museum, where we saw this magnificent gold shrine (above).
- Tea. It’s a splendid drink, hot or cold. There’s something so pure in a good cup of tea.
- Ideas. I’m being blessed with a manageable amount of ideas, from God no doubt, for the story I’m working on.
- Horatio Alger books. I’ve read 6 in the last few weeks: Ragged Dick, Struggling Upward, Andy Burke: Only an Irish Boy, Erie Train Boy, Store Boy, and one more. They’re aimed at older kids, but I love the character’s pluck. What’s more these heroes are overall good kids who stand up for the idea of taking the right path and not feeling inferior to those who do the “cool” things like smoke or cheat. I’ve sent my niece and nephew two of them and hope they read and enjoy them.
- Healing. I sprained my ankle about two weeks ago and it’s starting to feel like normal.