Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Our weather. It’s not too hot and not too cold. Perfect for my Goldilocks nature.
- The Keys to the Kingdom, a 1940s film with Gregory Peck as a priest who’s sent to China as a missionary.
- My new colleagues. I’m enjoying getting to know them. They have a lot to offer.
- My creative muse. It’s working quite well on a writing project I’m tackling and hope to finish this fall.
- The Count of Monte Cristo, my book club’s summer selection, which I just finished. It sure is long, but such a gripping adventurous tale.
P.S. The online Great Books book club is looking for new members. In September we’re reading Mary Poppins. It’s a group attached to the Christian writers’ group Act One, but our numbers have dwindled. Comment below if you’d like to join.