Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- A safe return home from China. It’s good to see family and friends.
- The national art museum in Beijing. It’s free and before I left I got to see some new art. Yes, some was just weird, but there was enough that was my cup of tea.
- My nephew Robbie. It was his birthday yesterday and it’s great to see him growing and getting so mature and, I think, wise. Knock on wood, my nieces and nephews have the wisdom to avoid the excesses American teens succumb to.
- My aunt is doing fairly well and in good spirits after suffering from a stroke a few weeks ago. She’s had a rough time with cancer last year and now a stroke. She’s such an inspiration and joy to have in my life.
- I’ve said this before, but it’s still so important to me — the library. I got back there my second day home and have loaded up with books for my summer writing project.