Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Pentecost – I love this feast day. The gift of the Holy Spirit is so central to my adult Christian life.
- Latin. I love that we have used and sometimes still use this ancient language to talk about or to God. I studied it in college and it’s beautiful. Deo Gratias!
- That I learned that the babies and children in Ireland weren’t buried in a septic tank, that that story was a hoax. It was heartbreaking to hear the story. When the story broke, I was shocked and I knew that my non-Christian friends and former Catholic friends would just consider this proof that the church is just hypocrisy. I realize no exposure of the truth will change everyone’s mind, but I am glad this wasn’t true and I pray the church is less of a target for the press.
- My classes are finished and summer vacation can begin. I still have a little grading to do, but it’s a breeze.
- My air conditioner is fixed. It wasn’t blowing any hot air and the temps are getting up there. I was not created for hot temperatures. I’m a temperate sort.