Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Lent. It makes me focus on my connection with God and integrating the spiritual into my life. Even though I often slip up and don’t succeed at all my Lenten goals, the heightened awareness is a big help.
- My lovely students. I’ve got a great group this semester – so respectful, eager and cooperative.
- That the cold I started to get hasn’t gotten serious. The wonders of citrus fruit, tea and extra rest!
- My schedule. I’ve got a good schedule that gives me Thursdays “off.” (I still plan and grade on Thursdays, but I don’t teach.)
- The opportunity to volunteer at the middle school on Sunday. I realized the special curiosity and innocence this age group has.