Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Warm weather and a safe return to Jinan.
- Two new classes for the spring semester. Both seem to have lots of cheerful, eager students. What a difference that makes!
- Five new teachers, who have shared some great ideas and seem to be engaged and responsible. It should be enriching to work with them. I hope I develop friendships as well as fine work relationships.
- Downton Abbey. I have started watching the finale online, so don’t tell me how it finishes. I have loved sharing these episodes with my aunt. When I was still in the U.S. I’d go to her apartment for dinner and Downton. A lovely tradition.
- A restful vacation. I’ve been blessed to have a long winter vacation which left me eager for the new term.