Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- A warm house with a fireplace. I don’t mind hibernating especially since I’m fortunate to not be cold. I realize that this is a luxury that many don’t have.
- A dryer. I’m in the U.S. now and in China we don’t have dryers for clothes. Most countries don’t. I love getting the warm towels from the dryer.
- Warm drinks like tea and hot chocolate. Perfect in this weather.
- The new-ish chaplain at church. I go to the Divine Word seminary for mass. Last summer they got a new chaplain and I love how down to earth and meaningful his homilies are. He’s able to convey Catholic teachings and rules clearly and well. It’s easy for people to dismiss the harder teachings, but there are reasons for them.
- The pro-life activists who are children of rape victims. I just learned about these people who advocate for pro-life by showing that their lives have value and certainly going through a trauma such as this does not mean there aren’t blessings. It takes courage and faith to make such a choice.
- One more: Pete Seeger, who lived a full life and gave us beautiful songs that all can sing.