Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- The wisdom I’ve gotten to ponder from the last three masses (Christmas, Sunday and New Year’s). The priests for each have given wisdom to ponder and use to grow closer to God – even the homilies that were a little circuitous offered wisdom.
- Snow! Now I realize I’m lucky because I don’t have to travel in it. I do wish everyone could stay home, make a cup of tea and just let the weather be. Many of us can work at home, though attendance in the office is still the norm. It’s so beautiful and graceful outside.
- Getting to see my niece and nephew – and sister over the holidays. They were here for about 10 days.
- Doctor Who. I watched in the 70s and have rediscovered it. My niece Maisy and I watched one episode a day of the new series.
- Christmas decorations, at home and at church. They add so much to the feel of the season. It’s sad to take them down.