Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Lovely fall days – it’s just a little crisp in the morning, but we’ve got sun and it’s still in the 70s during the middle of the day.
- My colleague/friend Julie. She’s finishing up her classes on Friday, the end of week 9. She’s a real asset to our program.
- My students’ dedication. I assigned them to visit a museum as part of our art unit. We’re doing it to coincide with the 10th China Arts Festival that’s going on now. They could go to any museum, but many chose the provincial museum that had a special exhibit of European paintings including one by da Vinci. Unbeknownst to me there was a 4 hour wait to get in. They could have let me know and I would have changed the assignment. God bless them, they stuck it out. Most of what I read indicates that they enjoyed the exhibit.
- Chinese food. We went to dinner tonight and again had such interesting dishes, things we can’t get in the U.S. like walnuts in a sweet sauce, and radish balls. I forgot my camera. I’ll bring it next time and share what I’m talking about.
- The U.S. government is running again – or limping along till January. (We’ve got to do better.)