Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- The Art Institute of Chicago‘s exhibit “Impressionists, Fashion and Modernity,” which includes 19th century gowns, shoes, gloves, etc. with the paintings that featured them.
- My friend Sylvia, whom I reconnected with via Facebook. I hadn’t seen her since 1997.
- Greek food, which I had in Greektown with my friend Sheila. It’s tasty and healthy, as long as you don’t have too much.
- Again for the mid-70s temperatures. I’m not designed for high 90s so I’m delighted this summer.
- Johnny Carson. Last night I watched the PBS special about his career. While he was far from perfect as a family man, but he offered smart, entertaining, tasteful television.