Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Pope Francis’ wisdom shared in Brazil for World Youth Day 2013.
- For the cool, mid-70’s temps. Some may think “this isn’t summer.” I think, “it’s summer in Ireland” and suits me well. We don’t need jackets. It’s not cold, nor is it blisteringly hot.
- Raspberries. So tasty and healthy.
- My sister Colleen. It was her birthday on Sunday and my parents, aunt and cousin got to celebrate with her.
- That there’s been some legislation to to curb late term abortion. It’s a step in a good direction. We lose millions of lives and I’d hope that throughout the political spectrum people can come to learn that some curbs are reasonable and that the skyrocketing numbers of babies lost is a tragedy.