Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- The rain! We got more and it really cooled things off.
- Tea at the Hyatt with Eva and Lynne. On Sunday I went with two friends to the Hyatt Hotel for tea. They don’t have a full high tea, but we could get some good tea and cakes. All for just 35 rmb, or around $6.
- My students. They’ve worked hard and are just delightful and respectful. I’ll miss my English 3 students who won’t take further English classes.
- My friend Ed. He’s a retired teacher and principal. He is so organized. Whenever he plans an outing he does all kinds of research and a dry run beforehand so we never get lost or hit any kind of trouble. He learned this from leading field trips. You do not want to lead a class of say 25 down a dead end.
- Les Miserables. I’m still reading it and love how Hugo describes what’s going on in Jean Valjean’s soul.