Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- Getting to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Shavuot, when Moses brought down the 10 commandments to the Isrealites, with Eva and Lynn. We went out for pizza as eating dairy is part of the celebration.
- The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler. I’m reading this classic hard boiled detective story for the first time. What style!
- Extra time. I’ve finished my grad school class for a month and finished my April writing challenge so I’ve had a little more free time on my hands. Yippee!
- Monsieur Lazhar, a Canadian film, about a class of 5th graders whose substitute teacher commits suicide and the Algerian man who becomes their substitute teacher. A touching, quiet movie.
- Friends who’re so supportive when times get tough and others don’t do what they said they would.