Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- The Novena to the Holy Spirit my friend Theresa sent me.
- The rain we got yesterday. It’s cleaned the air and leaves a fresh smell. It was a soft, gentle rain so walking around was pleasant.
- Good friends to explore with. Yesterday we had off and we originally planned to go to Black Tiger Springs, but it rained. So then we were going to lunch at a Thai restaurant. We got there only to find they’d moved. Yet we wound up at a so so cafeteria because we were so hungry. Still there were no complaints at any juncture, just camaraderie.
- I’m enjoying a book by Erik Larson. It’s about Germany in the 1930s and reads like a novel. I love historical books that are well written.
- For my friend Genevieve. We got to have a long chat on the phone on Sunday and it’s always pleasant to talk with her about all facets of life.