Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here. This week I’m thankful for:
- The Weifang International Kite Festival. I went with a friend and we saw hundreds of kites from several countries and enjoyed talking with Americans who’d come to China just for this.
- The new duck restaurant we went to tonight to celebrate a colleague who’s finishing her contract and leaving on Saturday. The food and conversation were terrific.
- The Wizard of Oz novel. I’m reading it for my book club and it’s pure joy. Light and entertaining.
- Good health and safety. Knock on wood in this precarious era. Last week’s news of the bombing, the Texas explosion, some murders here in China remind me that life is precarious. Yes, we still aren’t likely to have such violence in our lives, but it sure seems like things are getting scarier.
- Books. I signed up to rate new extensive reading books and have gotten several new titles for my students.