Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here.
This week I’m thankful for:
- Five Dragons Pond. I went there for the first time today. I can’t believe I hadn’t made it to this serene park in the heart of the city. It’s only 90 cents to enter and is just lovely. So quiet and green.
- Daming Lake. I went for a walk around the lake on Sunday with my friend Lynne. It’s another green, peaceful park that’s so pleasant to walk around.
- My friend Ian is back in Jinan teaching for a couple weeks. He’s filled in for a teacher who had to leave early.
- The Wizard of Oz. It’s my book club’s April book and it’s delightful. Frank L. Baum has a charming voice in this work.
- My new cleaning lady. A few of us organized having a cleaning lady come. Had I known it would cost $5 dollars to have someone clean my apartment for two hours, I’d have done this long ago. It sounds so indulgent, but there’s an unbelievable amount of dust in Jinan.