Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!
Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here.
This week I’m thankful for:
- A wonderful Seder dinner sparked by our two Jewish colleagues. Julie hosted and considering she has one burner and a rice cooker she made amazing food. Others chipped in as well. Great conversation and conviviality.
- The buds on the trees are blooming. I love the cherry blossoms especially.
- Ginger tea. I’ve got a cold and it’s quite soothing.
- NyQuil. Again, I’ve got a bad cold and feel like a zombie. NyQuil lets me get the rest I need and lets me breathe.
- The solemnity of Holy Week. We live in a culture that so prizes happiness and pleasure, which are good things, but they limit our depth. Holy Week invites us to get serious, to get real. To really think about how Christ and God the Father so loved us and would do anything for our salvation.