Deo Gratias is Latin for “Thanks be to God.” Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!
Colleen at Thoughts on Grace has organized this meme and you can contribute by clicking here.
This week I’m thankful for:
- The new pope, Pope Francis I. There’s such an outpouring of respect and affection for him. I love the name he chose and the kind of man, leader and servant he is. I do see the Holy Spirit at work in this change. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We know that we have to pray for him and the church and as followers, we Catholics must not just sit back and criticize or moan. We need to pray, obey and follow the Holy Spirit ourselves. We need to grow as Catholics, to engage.
- For the Eric Metaxas video below. It’s beautifully and intelligently done. I pray that some of my lapsed or atheist friends have such a metanoia.
- For getting to know Eva more. She teaches with me and is an observant Jew. I’m learning so much about this faith. I’ve learned about Shavuot, an important holiday commemorating Moses coming down the mountain with the 10 Commandments.
- My getting my visa extended without too much bureaucratic trouble. I really had no idea what to expect from that office today.
- For all the new information and ideas I’m learning in my library science class this term. Also, the group members are so pleasant to work with!