On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encouraged participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to her blog. Judy has since stopped blogging, but giving thanks is a good spiritual practice so I’ll continue.
This week I am thankful for:
- The new chaplain at church. His homilies are great and he seems to have such good ideas and a willingness to improve things, to help people grow closer to God not just to add more social activities.
- The warmer temperatures. It’s delightful to have the air have a spring-like feel.
- My friend Jane, whom I got to visit yesterday and today during my trip to Massachusetts. We got to spend hours talking and I got to meet her family.
- The wonderful homemade bread I had at Jane’s. There’s just nothing quite as good as fresh baked bread. Ah the smell! Delightful!
- Downton Abbey. This week was a very sad episode, but so well done.