On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encouraged participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to her blog. Judy has since stopped blogging, but giving thanks is a good spiritual practice so I’ll continue.
This week I am thankful for:
- The Way, a film with Martin Sheen about a grieving father who hikes along the Way of St. James in Spain.
- A safe and interesting trip to Champaign, Illinois for my Library Science orientation.
- Winter comfort food like chicken and dumplings or pot roast.
- My friend Mary, from high school. Though she’s moved far away we’re still on the same wavelength. She’s going through a tough time and I pray it doesn’t last much longer. She’s a dear person.
- Old priests. Where would we be without them? The priest who said mass Sunday was ordained in 1962 and one who came a few weeks before was in his late 80s. Still pretty lively.