On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encouraged participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to her blog. Judy has since stopped blogging, but giving thanks is a good spiritual practice so I’ll continue.
This week I am thankful for:
- A wonderful evening at the opera last night with my sister. We got to see Hansel and Gretel and had good seats at deep discounts. Great music and sets.
- Pumpkin Spice latte’s which are available during the winter and resonate with the season.
- A new chaplain at my church the Divine Word Seminary at Techny. He gave a great homily last weekend and seems wise, approachable and dedicated to making his flock grow spiritually. I loved how sincere and humble he was.
- The warm temps. Fifty degrees in January is a great blessing!
- Les Misérables. I saw the poignant musical on Sunday and thought it was well done. I love the themes of mercy, redemption, and social justice.