On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encouraged participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to her blog. Judy has since stopped blogging, but giving thanks is a good spiritual practice so I’ll continue
This week I am thankful for:
- The beautiful snow we got on Christmas and on the 25th, just enough to make everything pretty, but not make driving hazardous.
- The documentary film Ai Wei Wei: Never Sorry. It’s a bracing film about an artist who sicks his neck out to make China more transparent and democratic.
- Christmas cookies. We still have loads and I’m glad God gave me some discipline so I’m not gobbling them all up.
- The afternoon tea I got to enjoy with my friend Theresa who’s in from out of town and Sheila. Tea is so civilized.
- All the men and women, police, military, firefighters, who sacrifice so that we’re safe.