On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- Getting to attend mass in English! I went to Beijing’s South Cathedral and it was wonderful to attend their 10:30 English mass with French readings (in addition to English ones). How I wish I could participate in their Advent retreat, but it’s right at exam/grading time. Still I do love going to church in Jinan where I feel the universality that transcends language. The priest was wonderful, so genuine. He apologized, needlessly, for his poor English as he hadn’t used it to preach in 7 years. We would not have known.
- All the things I’ve asked God for that He denied. Yep. I can look back and think of things I prayed and prayed for, but didn’t get and in every instance, that was a tremendous blessing. Let me listen more for the Holy Spirit and God’s direction.
- The temperatures that are just a bit chilly so we feel like winter’s coming, but nothing to dread.
- A lovely weekend in Beijing and a chance to explore more museums and sights there.
- The chance to drop into Alice’s Tea House in Beijing. Alice is such a wonderful woman and her tea house is a gem. It’s near the hostel where I stay and I can’t believe she remembers me and asks about my friends. Then she offers a perfect pot of tea and warm conversation.