On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
- The slow movement towards fall. I’m happy I can still go outside without a jacket or sweater.
- The new baker we discovered. He makes such lovely flat round bread, delicious right from the oven.
- The lovely concert I saw at school yesterday. The teachers performed for the freshmen and I was so impressed by all the Chinese teachers who performed in English. I thought it would all be in Chinese.
- The program “The Newsroom” which shows how civil, intelligent discourse and news should look. We don’t need cheap sensationalism.
- A new friend Paula, who I discovered is Catholic. We had a nice time going to mass together last Sunday and a good chat afterwards at Starbucks. She’s led an amazing life with her husband. They’ve lived in Kosovo, South Korea, Africa and more.