On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- My sister’s well behaved dog. My youngest sister is back in town and brought her dog Gracie. Gracie’s and English bull dog and so well mannered.
- My cousin Randy’s visit. My cousin works with the Nascar races and was in town last week. It was great to catch up with him. He’s got a down-to-earth demeanor and values family highly. He’s steeped in family history and a good conversationist, i.e. both as a listener and a speaker.
- J’Ann’s recipe for chicken salad. I found it again wedged between a shelf crammed with cookbooks, old and new. It’s a great recipe as it’s healthy with grapes and no mayo. (I’m trying to cut back on such condiments.)
- Kindred, a time traveling book by Octavia Butler. It’s a rich novel and not at all overly sci-fi-ish.
- A wonderful Saturday at Millennium Park full of sunshine and blue skies. (See below.)