On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- Air conditioning. Yes, again, but with a new fervor. Our a/c blew out in the midst of a 100+ degree hot spell. The air was stagnant with little breeze. We wound up going to a hotel for a few nights, which was blissfully air conditioned. Now we’ve got a new system! Alleluia!
- Old black and white movies. Last night I finished Monkey Business with Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers. Simple and fun. Dignity between the husband and wife even though there was lots of silliness.
- Good health. A few friends are struggling with mysterious nerve ailments and thank God, I’m fine.
- Watermelon and cherries, just two of the bounties of summer.
- Christian radio, specifically Family Life and Running to Win, which featured programs that just hit the target as a family member struggles with the adversity life sometimes throws at us.