On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
- The South Cathedral in Beijing. I visited this 17th century church, the first in China, on Sunday and luckily got there for an English mass. People were there from Africa, Europe, North American and Asia. Maybe there were some South Americans, I’m not sure. I loved how international and harmonious the mass was.
- Moby Dick, my book club’s selection for May and June. It’s a much livelier read than I expected. I am glad that we aren’t pushing ourselves to finish in one month, but rather will take 2. My ebook is 847 pages.
- The National Art Museum of China. I spent the afternoon there on Saturday and it wasn’t crowded. There were plenty of masterful paintings on display.
- My friend, a new friend, Maya whom I had dinner with and wonderful lively conversation.
- Midday Connection’s program on “Almost Amish,” a fascinating book on how to simplify one’s life.