On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
- The perfect temperatures: not too hot, not too cold. Just right. I admit I’m a bit of a Goldilocks.
- The Catholic church in downtown Jinan. I went there for mass on Sunday. It was small and so cozy. The people there were very welcoming although we don’t share a language, there was a mutual understanding that we share a faith. I do with I could have spoken with them as I bet many had to suffer greatly for their faith in the past.
- For white mulberries. I’d never had them before and they’re delicious. Here I bought a small bag full for 18 cents more or less. An organic store in the U.S. sells them for $23.99 a pound. What a tasty bargain I got!
- For Adobe’s free trial for Illustrator, which allowed me to design a simple cover for my short story, “Mierna’s House” which I’m selling on Amazon.
- For my friend Sheila, who will visit China at the end of the month. I’m blessed to still be in touch with old friends from high school. Not everyone has that.