On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
- The nightly light show downtown, which I saw on Friday. Every night at 8pm Jinan has a light show at the fountain. There’s music and the fountain dances in color. What a great scene! Families, people of all ages gather to enjoy the show. In other parts of the square kids learn to roller blade, boys practice martial arts, friends play badminton, and couples waltz.
- The gelato sold along Batou Springs. So flavorful and good on a summery night.
- Getting internet in the classroom! Now we can do more listening practice and I can illustrate culture and vocabulary so much better.
- Moby Dick. I wouldn’t read this except for my online book club. My prejudice was that it’d be dull. Long and dull. So far it isn’t. (I’m on page 81) Some parts are quite witty and the characters have lots of personality. It’s a book I’d hate when I was younger but now I like it.
- An adventurous friend, Kristyn, who’s spirit convinced me to go visit Zibo this weekend. We just went for a day and the trip was longer and harder than we thought. The food we had was mediocre, but we did discover a good ceramics musuem.