On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- Don Quixote, which I’m reading for my book club. It’s just delightful and silly. I wouldn’t make time for this except my online book club prompts me to.
- Talise, our foreign affairs department’s new assistant. She seems so kind and accommodating. What an improvement over the boastful girl who thought the job was beneath her.
- Adrienne, a friend and former colleague. I got to chat with her and I find her so encouraging and inspirational. She’s in her 60s and working on a PhD. She’s also got a very down to earth attitude.
- For how caring and giving God is. I’m not usually as spiritual as I’d like to be as I cruise or fling myself through my life but the last couple of days I have been blessed with a comfort in God. I can look back and see how well he’s cared for me and seen that I was sufficiently provided for in good times and bad. These thoughts are such a comfort as we all face an unknown future. I just have this lovely deep feeling that He’s there for me.
- Now how do I follow that? Well, it’s hard to as #4 is all I need. But the idea is to think of five things and I shall. Hmm. I’d say I thank God for my love of China. I’m teaching here now and while I know there’s a lot of things (like the really, really dirty classrooms) that I don’t like, I do enjoy my daily life here. I’ve got a few colleagues who just don’t like it. They’re bored after a month because China isn’t what they expected. I urge them to visit Beijing or develop interests here. I hope they get over this boredom since we’ve only been here a month.
- Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings (conjecturesguilty.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award Nomination (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- There’s light at the end of the tunnel (positivelybranded.wordpress.com)
- Remembering to be thankful (thoughtsalonglifeshighway.com)
- Who is More Blessed? (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Are You Thankful? (rak4yourself.wordpress.com)
- Blessings in disguise (vitaconsecrata.wordpress.com)