On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- Friends who like going out for breakfast. I’m meeting Yuki later this morning and we’ll try a new place where they serve all kinds of breakfast food including tiramisu pancakes. Imagine.
- Warm temperatures this winter. It was in the high 40s yesterday.
- The BBC production of Elizabeth Gaskell‘s Wives and Daughters. It’s a 19th century Cinderella story with great themes and characters.
- Computers – without one how would I blog?
- My Act One online book club. Act One is a Christian writers’ development program that I did in 2005. Our book club keeps me focused and steers me to amazing books I wouldn’t read or reread. This week we’re discussing The Odyssey. Also, the great BBC Radio program In Our Time with Melvin Bragg. It has great programs that examine all kinds of liberal arts topics like The Odyssey, St. Paul or the Renaissance.
- Wives and Daughters (meetcute3.wordpress.com)
- Give Thanks With Job (eternalneko.wordpress.com)
- A Thousand Flutters … Of Grace (athousandflutters.wordpress.com)
- Thankful… (justsaynototoxicrelationships.wordpress.com)
- A Spirit of Thankfulness (joanschildrensliturgy.wordpress.com)