On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- Theater tickets and an afternoon, today, to go downtown and see a play.
- For my “new” job, a chance to return to a school that I taught in before. This was such a miracle. I found out that a friend had to drop out for minor medical reasons (so she’s not seriously ill and she still has her online teaching work). I found out at the right time and got to get this job in Jinan. I don’t have to go back to a job that was going downhill fast.
- My Ántonia, a beautiful novel about the strength, community, and love that was present on the prairie in the years of the pioneers. Each page was so beautifully written. I felt I learned more about history from this novel than most textbooks. (Though I know the importance of learning the facts.)
- Psalm 119. Last week I heard on the radio that it’s a good practice to just read one chapter of this long psalm and mull it over. It’s a good way to start the day.
- The photos on this week’s Photo Challenge: Peaceful. It’s great to see so many creative contributions and interpretations of peace.
- A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings (conjecturesguilty.wordpress.com)
- My Ántonia (xingu2.wordpress.com)
- The Thankfulness Of Happiness – The Happiness Of Thankfulness – God Bless – Respectfully (wearetrulyhappy.wordpress.com)
- A Spirit of Thankfulness (joanschildrensliturgy.wordpress.com)
- I am thankful! Are you thankful? (realtorkaera.wordpress.com)
- Fourth Week of Thanks (snipewife.wordpress.com)
- Thankful Thursday: Books, Friends, Facebook, Blogs…God is AWESOME!! (ponderingbylaurie.wordpress.com)
- I’m Thankful For Dirt (echoessilencepatienceandgrace.wordpress.com)
- Thank you! A look into thankfulness (ucfknight46.wordpress.com)
- A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings (stmonica’s bridge. wordpress.com)