On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- I’m still thankful for the warm winter weather. It makes getting out and about so much easier, more pleasant.
- The new (well, I just discovered it) Sherlock series. What compelling, intelligent drama. So much better in my opinion that the Sherlock Holmes film which seemed like watching a high octane computer game.
- The opportunity to teach in Jinan again. I’ll be returning to a former job, which has lifted me out of the current school which keeps diluting it’s principles giving students a weaker and weaker education.
- Though I do often have a desire to make more money, that that’s not my be all and end all so that I’m free to take a lower paying job with a reputable school rather than listening to the tempting voice to stay on in a college that’s coached teachers in breaking labor law, that’s showering students with A’s and all and all. I’m glad I’m in this job at a later stage in life where I have the knowledge that God will take care of me and I don’t need to sell out for a bigger paycheck. (This might sound sort of high and mighty, but I do feel temptation and know that it is only through God’s grace and love that I do what’s right.)
- For my steadfast, humorous friend Sally. Such a good listener.