On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- Getting to play hostess. There is, I’m convinced, a spiritual side to hospitality. This week my department director stayed with me during her visit to China. I reveled in sprucing up the apartment and wouldn’t have bought the extra house plants and new placemats, etc. for myself. Touches of color and texture here and there added a lift. Also, there’s a joy in thinking “what can I do to make my guest more at home.”
- That my classroom observations went well. I had been nervous, but things went well.
- That I now get CCTV-9, a CNN of China. Yes, it’s a mouthpiece, but I get English “news travel shows now.
- That I just have one more day of school this week. It’s been tiring.
- For the cooler weather and even the rain we’ve had. It’s refreshing.