On Wednesdays, Judy, creator of an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman’s Book of Blessings encourages participants to list their blessings, to give thanks for the five things in the past week and then link to Judy’s blog.
This week I am thankful for:
- My mom’s cousin Ann, whom we visited this week. Ann’s got a great sense of humor and a seemingly unflappable character. She’s been my most faithful correspondent and I cherish the letters we’ve exchanged since I was a teen. She’s had cancer, diabetes, and lots of other ailments and so rarely complains. She’s been such a good friend and role model.
- Ann’s husband Bob, who’s another model. He has such a positive attitude, great sense of humor and strong sense of morals and values. Ann and Bob’s marriage is so strong and it’s great to see how loving and caring they both are. It’s a joy just to be around them. They met in college and have been married for about 56 years I believe
- Columbus, Indiana. It’s a lovely town full of outstanding architecture. A wealthy industrialist had the vision to pay for the architecture fees for public buildings and churches to create a town rich in beauty. I could see myself living there.
- Blue skies contrasted with green leaves.
- Freedom of speech and a government that allows me to see any website I like.
By the way, Saturday I leave for China. I’ll be posting via email. I can post via email, but may have trouble reading other people’s blogs since China censors all blogs. I’ve used a proxy server in the past, but I got an email from the service that worked saying they’ve been blocked in China. It’s sad not to be able to read people’s blogs.